VIN's and Titles

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: VIN's and Titles
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:54:12 -0400
 Here in Ohio, if you purchase a car from out of state, you must have the
VIN verified.  Cost me $2 at the license bureau.  When my wife first moved
here from Michigan, her title did not match her car!  A quick phone call
back to the dealer she bought it from resolved the problem and she was
issued a correct Ohio title.  When I bought a 200SX Turbo with a Florida
title, the VIN was questionable; was it a 5 or an S?  A quick run through
the computer found that the S worked and was identified as the car I bought,
so the new Ohio title was clearly "S".
  As for filing for a new title after purchasing a car, well here you have
30 days to transfer the title after the purchase or pay a HUGE fine of ....
$3!  And in my case, have some nasty clerk at the title bureau rant and rave
for ten minutes while she attempts to count back change from a $100 bill!?

Paul
OROC