Re: Framework for Body

To: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Framework for Body
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:55:24 -0700
Jack,

Here's my webpage on building the dolly for the roadster body. It's got the
dimensions and list of parts.

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/2lrestr.html

If your body is solid and relatively rust-free, you don't have to worry
about it folding up. Many people put a reinforcing brace at the top of the
door-post to the windshield frame base. But like I said, unless your floor,
rocker panels and tranny tunnel are rusted through, you needn't worry too
much about the car "folding up".

If you put it up high in the air on stilts or saw horses, just make sure
it's stable and won't come crashing down. (See the 1st picture on that
webpage; the stilts were reinforced after the picture was taken, with
diagonal cross braces.)

Have fun,
Fred Katz - So.SF
BADROC