RE: OT - 68 Triumph GT6 4 sale

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>,
Subject: RE: OT - 68 Triumph GT6 4 sale
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:34:46 -0500
Laury, Victor wrote

>Embarassing was just the start of it. Triumph wanted the SCCA D prod
>National Chamionship badly. They had their entire sales campaign based on
>that win. Some little Jap roadster, with two less clyinders and 500 cc
>smaller, kept beating it out, three years straight. The amount of money
>Triumph threw at that racing program, dwarfed the Datsun budget. It must
>have stung! The GT-6 is the historic adversary of our roadsters.
  Then the Z cane and killed it dead! Along with the MGBGT.

-Marc t.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016 "The Jaundiced Kid II"
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 "Domino"
1965 L-320 Parts car    Don't name a chicken you're going to eat.

http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/datsun_homepage.html

///
///