RE: OT - 68 Triumph GT6 4 sale

To: "'CalSpeed@aol.com'" <CalSpeed@aol.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: OT - 68 Triumph GT6 4 sale
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:56:59 -0700
>Comparing it to our Roadsters it is no wonder why Japanese cars were hated
by
the other marques.  How embarrasing it must have been for a 4 cylinder
production car to put out 96hp in a 1600 and 150hp in a 2000.

Embarassing was just the start of it. Triumph wanted the SCCA D prod
National Chamionship badly. They had their entire sales campaign based on
that win. Some little Jap roadster, with two less clyinders and 500 cc
smaller, kept beating it out, three years straight. The amount of money
Triumph threw at that racing program, dwarfed the Datsun budget. It must
have stung! The GT-6 is the historic adversary of our roadsters.

///
///