Re: Engine's

To: gmagana@softcom.net
Subject: Re: Engine's
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Gerardo,
        Did you see the guy from Oregon at the all datsun meet with Vans
fav SR-20 motor??  It was a very very very clean install.  I talked to him a
bit and he had to notch the front cross memeber a bit and fab up his own
engine mounts.  He said that the shifter even fit thru the stock location.
        Man that was a clean job he had removed the battery to a custom tray
under the package shelf and somehow had hidden all the wires and stuff in the
engine bay.  It was just engine it looked really nice.
He ran it in the AUTOX and it ran really well and sounded great. It was a bone
stock non-turbo engine which he said made like 150-160 hp.  The rest of the car
was kinda junky with all stock suspension-wheels but boy was that engine bay
nice.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA

> Hey there, would like to know what other engines besides the KA24 will fit in
> the roadsters, I am looking to stay with a nissan engine, but would like to
> know what other engines are a direct bolt in or can go in with minor
> modification.  Has anyone seen a VG30 installed?? a Z24??, all replies would
> be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Gerardo
>
> ///