Re: Ugly sounds

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ugly sounds
From: dana nojima <noji@sbh.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:51:44 -0700
Jim,

You were correct.  Went out last night and checked the harmonic
balancer.  Currently there is a nice notch in the bottom of the timing
mark.  The aluminum timing chain cover is a fine sound box so the sound
produced seems so loud.  I've got another balancer so hopefully I'll
have the car going this week. In the manual they show a special tool for
the removing the balancer.  I used a gear puller to remove the
balancer.  In hind sight I can see how this ruined the seal between the
rubber and metal.  I remember that someone (Stan) had reconditioned
balancers.  If anybody remembers that I would appreciate the name.

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.
HYSEQ, Inc.