Re: Fuel line crap

To: roadster <roadster@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel line crap
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
--- roadster <roadster@rcn.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I cleaned out my glass fuel filter bowl. Wow, a heck of a
> pile of
> grit and dirt was in there. Next thing I'm doing is to clean out the
>lines from the filter bowl to the SU carbs, as it wouldn't surprise me
>if some dirt got past the filter.

 Fred,
While you are at it take off the fuel pump and open it up and clean it
out too!
If the crap is in your filter, it's in the pump also.

I was amazed at the amount of crap in my 67.5 when I opened it up.
this area is neglected by most(I beleive), but right in the path.
Corect me if I'm wrong, but it goes; tank> pump> filter> carbs.
what ever is in the pump will go right back into your filter.
Roman

=====
roadsterregistry@yahoo.com
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/