Solex Accelerator Pump Leak

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solex Accelerator Pump Leak
From: "Daniel T. Heinze" <dth104@email.psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:09:23 -0700
My 68 Solex 2000 has had a perpetual problem I'm trying to solve.  The
accelerator pump gaskets on the Solexes keep leaking with the result that I
have to crank for about 30 seconds to restart the car after it sits for a
few hours.

Had the Solexes rebuilt at CDM about 2 years ago.  This solved other
problems they had, but the accel pump gaskets started leaking within days.
Have replaced them a couple times since then.  Each time they do well for a
couple days then slowly start to leak until within a few weeks, I'm back
where I started.  The accl pump diaphragm stays intact... the leak is around
the gaskets.

I'm running the stock fuel pump and no fuel return line.  Might a fuel
pressure regulator help?  Maybe the needle valve needs to be adjusted??? Any
suggestions are appreciated.

-Dan (68 Solex 2000)

///
///