Re: Coilovers for front of car

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coilovers for front of car
From: "Brian" <b.dooley1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:46:09 -0700
    I had thought about the coilover idea, but found it to be rather
expensive for questionable results.  My solution for lowering the front was
to modify the lower spring perches.  It took a couple of tries before I got
the proper correlations right.  The comp front springs actually raised my
car.  Even with the 16 inch rims, I had an unsightly 2 inch gap in the
fenderwell before I put the new plates in.  Here are a couple of pics of the
car now. If anyone is interested, I can get more modified, at any amount of
drop you'd like.  The machine shop I deal with charges me $150 for the pair.
It may not be especially high tech, but it works very well.  I'm in San
Diego, if anyone is interested.
                                                         Brian