1600 fuel pump problems?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 fuel pump problems?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:08:20 -0400
  Just got off the phone with another OROC member with fuel pump problems.
He is running a 3 main 1600 in a 1500 frame and body.  This motor hasn't run
for several years and he is just starting to get things back on the road.
The tank was cleaned and the line up front blown out.  He installed a new
gasket on the fuel strainer.  But cranking produced no fuel.  he tried two
other pumps he had and still no fuel.  he tried one pump by hand and it
appears to be working since it surprised him and quickly squirt fuel across
the engine compartment.  But that pump back in the car, and still no fuel.
  Is there any thing tricky about getting the fuel pump mounted properly so
the arm rides correctly on the cam?  Is there anything else he missed?
  I asked him to double check the gasket at the strainer and then to remove
the gas cap and disconnect the fuel line at the rear carb and try again.
Not sure if he'll call again tonight or not, but I promised him I'd ask the
list.

Paul
OROC

///