Re: Good News

To: "David A. Fox" <dafox1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Good News
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:43:10 -0400
David,

Last night I attended my MG Club meeting which was held to alleviate some of
the stress we all feel, at least for a few hours, and one of the members has
a brother who is a high ranking police officer.

He told us that many of the initial reports of police capturing potential
hijackers are true!!!!!! That the police and FBI are suppressing the info so
as not to scare the public and are using volunteers to pose as those who are
released. We were told 2 potential terrorists were shot at Kennedy airport
while trying to escape and that they did find several people carrying box
cutters and knives.

Staten Island and the bridges to it were closed off on Thursday because they
were chasing additional potential highjackers. The police and FBI later
denied the reports as being false but he said they were true and that one of
the suspects was shot. He also said that bombs were found strapped to the
Verrazano Narrows Bridge as well as the George Washington Bridge.

He also told us that the Spanish TV and radio stations reported about  the
bombs and the shootings and the FBI threatened them if they kept on
reporting the info. As we all know, the government suppresses a lot of
information.

I was shocked to hear about all of the above but I believe it as during
another local crisis, the Tawana Brawley affair, I worked with someone else
who had a high ranking police officer as a brother and everything he told me
later came out to be true.

I guess I should take those reports as true BUT where would I go? Manhattan
is a "glass canyon" and being in the street frightens me even more tha being
in a building.

Mike