Good News

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Good News
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:37:49 -0400
I received a phone call late this morning informing me that all the people I
thought lost were able to get out of the WTC alive. Miraculously the plane
crashed 2 floors above them and all 30 of them were able to get out.

It lifted my spirits a great deal to hear this great news but it's still
very depressing to know that over 5,000 other lives were lost in NY and the
Pentagon.

I saw many official vehicles from out of state and Canada parked on the
streets in front of the hotels where, I guess, they are staying. There were
4 K9 police cars from Philly as well as many, many others. A sobering sight.

The trains to the city were less crowded than normal and I thought it was
because so many businesses were still closed in midtown where I work.
However it was because of the downtown area that the trains were so empty. I
didn't realize how many people worked there on the train I take.

I found out that one of my co-workers had a wife on the plane that hit the
Pentagon.

Thanks for listening,
Mike

PS - My work day was very interesting as we had 2 bomb threats nearby at
Grand Central Terminal. I stayed and worked. Screw the sickos!