The problem with Nostradamus

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The problem with Nostradamus
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:36:20 -0700
The Quattrains are incredibly difficult to translate. He wrote in multiple
languages, often switching languages several times within the same sentence.
Most of the translations have been "massaged" from the original to make them
readable. An astute interpreter can make the predictions say almost anything.
Things to consider:

45 degrees N goes through Portland, OR and near Bucharest, Romania.
45 Degrees E goes through the Middle East and near Baghdad.
Did Nostradamus see the new century as 2000 or 2001?
One translation says "city of york", the other says "city of God." (Never heard
NY called the city of God. More people have compared it to Sodom and Gommorah.)
Who is the great leader? Dubya? Or Hussein? Or someone else?
No mention of "45" in the first translation.
No mention of "five" in the second translation.

They're great fun to play with, and easy to "interpret to fit" after the fact.
But I think believing in God (whichever representation you choose) is a better
guide to life than trying to interpret the entrails of Nostradamus.

p.s. I'm sure we'll be back to roadster content soon, but we're still in the
middle of a pretty catastrophic event. If you're tired of the discussion,
there's always the Delete key.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA