Re: Tragedy x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: Tragedy x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:34:13 -0700
If we had apologists during the Pearl Harbor bombing then we may have not
retaliated against the Japanese - they were mad at us for blockading their
access to oil. (Also forgotten by us is that the US navy bombed their towns
in the mid-19th century to open their ports but our schools don't teach
that.) The fire-bombing destruction of Tokyo and our nuking of two of their
cities made them humble. It was wrong to throw Japanese-American citizens in
concentration camps. And it would be wrong to similarly target Islamic
Americans here on our soil.

My anger is at seeing these people in the middle east stomping on our
American flag, celebrating our pain, claiming responsibility for doing harm
to our interests, and promising future actions against us. I don't need to
figure them out, they're out to hurt us and we need to respond with
strength. That worked against Japan. Lest anyone think I'm anti-Japanese,
I'm half-Japanese and my mother survived the destruction of Tokyo and
strafing of her home by American pilots. My father was a U.S. officer out to
help win the war for America. Peace can come after the war. But we first
have to defend our people and our interests (democracy - something they
don't have) by use of strength.

Fred