Tragedy

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tragedy
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:20:21 -0700
Despite this tragedy Democracy must continue which is anchored by the
principle that one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. I just pray
the government doesn't do something without enough evidence thereby
making martyrs and encouraging the next generation of bomb throwers.
Let's not forget too that Okalohoma City was an american terrorist, not
Islamic.
The hard question to ask is why are they mad at us? A question one asks
in even the most minor disagreement, what is the other person's
argument? For then we can take steps to correct anything we may have
done which was not right. This in no way excuses any extreme behavior
anyone would take in disagreement with us. But unless you know WHY there
is anger you cannot defuse it. You may not be able to anyway but it
increases your chances. Any good hostage negotiator knows this. Let's
try to figure these people out, it's our only hope because you can never
make things secure enough to completely eliminate this kind of thing.
Lastly we should appeal to anyone who knows about this to do the right
thing, make the call.
Venting like everyone else, and that's Democracy isn't it?
Linda