A few thoughts

Subject: A few thoughts
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:08:52 -0400
I'll point out what Norman Schwartzkopf said tonight.  When we attack targets
we go to
great extremes to avoid inflicting casualties upon a civilian population.  I
realize there
are at least two major exceptions to that but, as Schwartzkopf said, that is
what
separates us from them.  Gordon is correct, we must react and forcefully but
that reaction
cannot be a blind lashing out.  We are a society that craves instant
gratification and I
must admit that I hoped that the attacks on Kubal tonight were ours and were
aimed at the
terrorist cells that operate in that part of the world.  There is little else
in the world
that should frighten people as much as angry and galvanized Americans.  It is
my hope that
retaliation will this time include the government(s) of the countries that
harbor these
animals.  They have made a statement.  It is now our turn.  History and God
will judge us
by how we act.  If we either over react or under react, both will judge us
harshly.

Brian '69 2000
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/