Re: Anti-backfire valve

To: Chianese <chianese@sprintmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anti-backfire valve
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 18:43:30 -0700 (PDT)
The durability and longevity of smog pumps notwithstanding, doesn't
combining fresh air with hot exhaust exiting the engine cause some of
the unburned gases to ignite in the exhuast, creating cleaner exhaust?

At least, that's what my service manual says.  I realize it may not be
a big difference and that your car may be able to beat the ppm
requirements without it (which are adjusted upwards for wear & tear
already), but I believe there's more involved than dilution.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend