Quarter panel replacement

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quarter panel replacement
From: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 20:56:17 -0500
Howdy All!

Several years ago I came across a quarter panel at a dealership.  For
$150 I nearly broke my arm getting my billfold out!  Now I'm looking to
utilize this little gold mine.  (I'm convinced that "Datsun" is Japanese
for rust.)  Nothing mechanical worries me, but body work is FAR from my
strong suit!  And, considering what they cost today, I certainly don't
want to ruin it.

I was told by a reputable source that they are easy to replace and I
shouldn't be afraid to tackle the project.  I own a oxy-acetylene rig
and a spot welder and am well capable of using both.  Considering the
above, I would like to have some other opinions as to the pitfalls I am
likely to encounter.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX
'70  SRL311-13359