Re: Palomar run convoy

To: <plhbauman@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Palomar run convoy
From: Pagone@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 20:23:39 EDT
:`(
I won't be able to make it in the flesh, but I will be there in spirit (as I
sit and luncheon with my looney family). I don't think they'd understand why I
abandoned them to drive some windy road 100 miles away. Well, dad would, he has
a roadster, too, and he's itching to go to Palomar, too, but of course, <sigh>
family takes precedence.
Which is why I was wondering if anyone would have any interest in doing things
like this more often? There are some great winding roads just minutes from me.
The Angeles Crest Highway, to be specific. Tried that road when I first bought
the roadster this spring and found it to be an educational drive. It taught me
I needed a new fuel filter, that my gas tank is full of rust, I need new shocks
and probably suspension, an alignment, etc., etc....
Anyhow, before I drift off to the endless work my car requires of me, I'd love
to gather some troops for an afternoon drive up the Crest and a potluck,
picnic, barbeque, whatever, afterwards. My home is not far and is a pretty good
rendezvous point as it is close to three freeways.
The catch is (there's ALWAYS a catch): working in retail it is not easy to get
a day off during the weekend, but with a little advance notice, I can manage to
put my hobby before my carreer! :)
Gimme some feedback!
Vilia
1970 1600 (yes, it's red! what else?!)