Fw: strange acting guages

Subject: Fw: strange acting guages
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:36:09 -0400
 Both the fuel and temperature guages are powered by a voltage regulator
located under the dash,next to the steering column.  My guess would be
either faulty / dirty connections, or as someone on the list mentioned, the
wiring atachments inside the voltage regulator cas are riveted, not
soldered.

Take out the regulator ( rectangular shaped looks like
http://www.datsunroadster.com/PIC_PAGES/NEW_PARTS_PIC_PAGES/250-02.htm or
http://www.datsunroadster.com/PIC_PAGES/NEW_PARTS_PIC_PAGES/250-03.htm),
clean the contacts, open the case by bending up the tabs, and solder the
internal connections - should solve your problems.

 Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://home.neo.rr.com/mark2000/images/datsun1600/1600_roadster.htm