Factory oil cooler question

Subject: Factory oil cooler question
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:17:22 -0400
Howdy all,

I'm in the process of replacing the rubber oil cooler lines on the race car
with some stainless braided line.  Upon initial inspection, it looks like
the fitting on the filter adapter and oil cooler are -8 fittings, but the
thread pitch is a little off.  I can get a new oil cooler with the proper
fittings, but the adapters from the AN type fitting to the oil filter
adapter may be something unusual as well.

As far as I can tell, this is the original oil cooler set-up that was
available from Datsun.

Any insight would be appreciated.  I'd rather not run the race car with 30
year old oil cooler lines.

Happy Roadstering,
Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI