Chrome Report

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome Report
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 15:15:58 EDT
Here it is:

Company:  Hanline Plating, Richmond Va

Parts Done:

2  Door handles
2 bumpers (no bumperettes)
1  Cowl grill
1  Complete windshield (5 parts)
2  Tailights  (4 parts)
2  window frames (67)
1  rearview mirror (67)
1  front grill

Total cost - 750$$

I reused as much chrome as possible (hubcaps, some tailights, etc)
and did away with the bumperettes to save weight and cost, and also
I think the car looks better without them.

Quality:  The parts that were in OK shape or better turned out great.
The parts that were in poor shape (they did not want to do the bumpers
because of the bent, torn, rusted condition of them) turned out "OK"
I am happy with the job.  I picked them because they were the best
mix of low price and close by. (2 hours up the road)  So I could save on
shipping at the price of $10 gas.  They asked me to sign a note saying the
bumpers would not be perfect.

These guys have done roadsters before, and profess that they are
hard due to the thin nature of the metal.  "its not a chevy"  but they
did me right, and I am happy.

750 is a big chunk of change for me, and I should note that they were OK
with postdating the check until payday (5 days away).  Good folks.

Best Regards,
Jim
67 pushrod 2L (almost done, after 1.5 years)
72 510 wagon  (unrestored daily driver, 32 mpg)