Re: Soft top frame, short Vs tall?

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soft top frame, short Vs tall?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:32:51 EDT
<<  Okay, folks.  Break out the tape measures and please help me straighten
 out why my soft top frame won't clear my roll bar...
   My guess is that I mounted the roll bar too low on the angled portion of
 the floor, bringing the roll bar too far forward... Any chance I have a short
 windshield frame with a tall windshield front bow installed on it? >>

Hello,

I think that you may have answered your own question.  I would remove the
rollbar and reffering to the angled portion of the floor.  Reattach the
rollbar by using just two bolts on each side.  Temporaraly mount the rollbar
by using the two forward bolts to the floors two rearward holes.  (Now you
dont need to drill to test the fit.  Secure as best possible and then try to
reattach the softtop.  If this work then you should only have to drill 10 or
12 new holes.  ;>)

Good luck,

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000148 Solex