roadster registry

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadster registry
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:09:23 -0700
Roman:

This roadster registry sounds like an interesting idea, though I am a little
concerned as to how it will turn out.

I used to raise dogs (Irish Setters) for show and field trails. I was in a
Southern Cal club, and we had quite a few members, as dog clubs go. The only
thing was, we didn't have much say in what went on nationally. The American
Kennel Club did all that stuff and we had to do what they said to stay
sanctioned. The AKC rules also provided a lot of consistency and stability
to all club events

My point is, I see this thing turning into territorial squabbles. The USA
Roadsters vs. the overseas Roadsters. the 2000 clan blowing off the 1600s
and the 67.5 2000 group blowing off everyone (my apologies if you own a 67.5
2000!). Unless there is some kind of centralized organization or
coordination, I feel there will be a lot of dispute over everything that
gets published on the site.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea to have a registry. I just think that
before any work gets done on the project, it might be a good idea to hold an
online conference of all Roadster club members everywhere. Bash out the
'Robert's Rules of Order' so to speak on how the whole thing will go down.

Who knows, collaboration of this type may spawn bigger and better events and
perhaps even a national club?

My nickel's worth, for what it's worth.

Paul