Re: Roadster list 2000 registry

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster list 2000 registry
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:38:29 EDT
Hi Roman

I guess I could be accused of being serious, lurking and yacking on this one
- I'd love to see a  Registry, similar to Greg's 1967 2000 Registry, with
pictures if at all possible. There are a number of people who could help on
this and a few have expressed their interest already - there are others who
have excellent resources already (from Mike Bell's previous manual registry,
from Mark (Stickerman's) excellent photo site, etc etc) and I have
received/sent a few behind the scenes E-Mails from/to people brainstorming
how this could work. Any attempt to capture people's interest (especially
people off list) means that the project should be as professional as possible
from Day 1. The Webring is a great place to pitch it with relevant links from
other sites - instead of duplicating Greg's existing Registry the new
Registry would perhaps be best linking into Greg's site for the 1967
year/2000 model. The other factor is that the site, with pics, would need a
mammoth amount of webspace, and a great deal of policing to keep accurate -
anyone with that sort of time/commitment would be welcomed with open arms,
(Roman/Laurie?).

Before we dive in let's collect the best ideas and check our existing
resources. As a minimum I'd be happy to revisit and collate the
European/African data, which is changing all the time (eg there are now 30
Roadsters in Norway, up from around 8 a couple of years ago - the difference
being the import of mainly Californian restoration projects).

To make it interesting we could also run a competition for the best
guestimate of numbers on the Registry by New Year 2001 (Greenwich Mean Time
of course) - Any takers? Prize sponsors anyone??

Anyway time for me to get off my keyboard and go back to the bar room. Count
me in.

My 2p

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster