Re[2]: how many are left?

To: "Laury; Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: Re[2]: how many are left?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:40:21 -0700
Victor,

If 2,000 to 3,000 are in California, they sure aren't in the northern half.
They must all be hanging out in L.A. Not counting Mike Young who has his
cars outside SF, there are probably less than 10 in San Francisco.
Personally I've met only 7 owners in SF. In the SF Bay Area, BADROC has
gotten interest from perhaps 30 roadster owners. A few of them have
multiple cars, Mike Young probably has the most, so my guess is maybe 60 to
70 cars accounted for in the club. There are probably twice as many that we
haven't heard from or those that aren't interested in us. So I'm guessing
maybe 200 cars tops in the immediate SF Bay Area including runners and
junk. The Modesto group has a lot of cars, Sacramento has a few, and Mike
Kerr has a bunch. I can only guess at the numbers but it can't be much more
than 200 cars. I'm guessing maybe 500 max in Northern California to include
junk as well as runners.

Problem is, all I can do is make wild guesses based on what we see. And
from what I've seen, the majority of them out there don't run. I think a
lot of those will end up getting crushed or chopped up. So I think 66 Mike
has a better estimate.

Mike has a good point about the vendors having more info on owners. Just
how many owners are out there?

Fred
BADROC
3 good ones and a destroyer of 2 cars