RE: 1600 tranny

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1600 tranny
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:21:49 -0600
Well,

I haven't proven that it's broken.  Several people suggested that I check
the clutch adjustment, and check the tranny fluids, prior to pulling it out.

Instead of doing this, I've been sulking...

I've had a little grind shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and a very slight grind
shifting
from 3rd to 4th, ever since I got the car back on the road (about 2 years
ago).  I
figured this must be my syncros, and this would be a good winter project
(wanted to
drive it all summer).

The other night I was cruising around, going nowhere in particular, and all
of a sudden,
I couldn't shift to 3rd or 4th, but still had 1st and 2nd.  I'm certainly no
expert,
and confess to not paying much attention to the tranny, so I gotta think
it's my own
fault.

P.S.  My father-in-law is also Fred Johnson