Re: Oil Pump (AND PSI/GPM)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pump (AND PSI/GPM)
From: "Bill Barber" <birukun@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:21:11 -0700
>Yes, I have heard the same thing.  I have a pump that runs 90 lbs, not
>installed though. I heard an argument that increased oil pressure means
>increased oil flow. That means increased oil flying around inside the
>lower part of the engine that the crank has to spin through, churn up at
>high rpms, actually causing a slight loss of power in higher rpms.
>    David Pina

This month's "Racer" Magazine (AUG 2000, p. 106) has an article discussing
exactly what Mr. Pina is referring too. This extra pressure actually results
in a loss of "shafted horsepower". This section of the magazine is called
Track Tech and often covers the little things that translate to winning in
racing.  Technical in nature, but brought down to the reader's level.

"Necessity is the mother of invention" (I feel it necessary to be fast AND
efficient.)

Bill Barber
SRL311-09363 (The Planterbox Roadster)