Re: points etc PS: NAPA wire/cap quirk

To: neffster189@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: points etc PS: NAPA wire/cap quirk
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:41:44 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/00 8:07:32 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
neffster189@yahoo.com writes:

>    I want to find a really GOOD set of wires though. I guess I'll try
NAPA's,

>  unless somebody can advise something better? (please post directly to me,
as
>  I'm in digest mode, and won't get your post until tomorrow -- too late!).

Their wires are great too...Autolites aren't bad either.
BUT - One teensy overcomeable annoyance with the NAPA stuff:
I have their *premium* (brass contact) cap on mine. When I recently did the
wires I got a set from them as well. After I changed them out I kept getting
a miss - the wires were popping out of the cap!!! - turns out the better cap
has just a bit thicker material where you plug the wires in and the boots
didn't just fit quite right. After a bit of fiddlng (pulling boots WAY back -
making sure wire *clicked in* firmly - stretching boot out just a tad) they
fit & STAYED just fine. no problems since!!!

Most wires offer a lifetime warranty - <G> screw with the parts houses and
keep all the paperwork to make them live up to it! ( I don't think they ever
count on people taking advantage of such things)

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ