A roadster for the wife

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A roadster for the wife
From: "Ken Pletcher" <pletch@home.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:54:03 -0700
We did it! Jumped in with both feet and picked up the 67  1600 this weekend
in Santa Barbara. I cannot believe how good the condition of the car is. It
will certainly need a little TLC but not a whole lot. I forgot how nice it
was to drive one with a top on it. Maybe I should install mine? HMM. NAW!

So we seem to have 2 types to keep us happy,a 69 2000 with Solex's and
custom/modified body and interior and a 67 low windshield 1600 "completely"
stock. I'm surprised about the power on a 1600, I never drove one before and
it would pass other cars up steep grades with no problems(my wife said our
Honda was floored to keep up).

Luckily the guy said he fixed the fuel leak from the over flow tubes and
there was no leak. I still need to go over the whole car before another
trip. The only 2 immediate concerns are the brake lights failed half way
back (probably a brake switch) and the voltage reg. for the fuel gauge and
temp gauge doesn't work most of the time. I'm sure I'll find more but that
is the fun part.

I know I'm going to bore alot of people in the next few months asking
questions about a low windshield 1600. I would delete most messages without
reading them because they did pertain to me or my car (lesson learned)

     Ken
DATSTER
      &
  Susan