Re: <OT> Looking for a 510

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <OT> Looking for a 510
From: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:27:00 PDT
Well, I'm on the 510 list, and the roadster list. I own 3 510's, and no
roadster. The reason I own 510's, is because of the price. I just picked up
a 71 4 door, automatic, 50,000 original miles, for $800. It does need the
fenders replaced, and a small spot of rust repaired, but it is in great
shape other than that. How much would I have paid for a roadster like that?
5k +/-? Anyway, one of the biggest factors in 510's, is geograpic location.
A free parts car in the west, might be a $1000.00 fixer upper in the
northeast. Alot of the 510 guys are doing V6 swaps. Those cars are pushing
$5,000 +/- when they are done. Most of the normal L16, L18, L20 510's are
going from $1000 to $2500 depending on the bells and whistles. Like any of
these cars, timing is everything. Offer someone $1000 for a car one day, and
they will laugh in your face. A few months later when they are threatened
with eviction or divorce for having one too many projects, and they would
take $250 cash for it. I would say join the 510 list, and just start keeping
an eye out. Also check out the 510 classifieds at
http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/classifieds.html  Good luck.

-Mick-
Eugene OR