<OT> Looking for a 510

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <OT> Looking for a 510
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:28:02 PST8PDT
OFF-TOPIC

NO, I'm not giving up my Roadsters! But after looking at cars at the
Mt. Shasta meet, and needing something more practical than an
open-air two seater (practical in her opinion, anyways), may daughter
is showing interest in the 510s. 4 door, automatic, good condition
(previous auto-x rides need not apply :-) ).

Consider this as initial exploration. I Haven't really decided that this
is the route to go yet, but finding a clean ready-to-go 510 sounds a lot
easier than restoring the '65 mustang sitting in my driveway. I have not
tried the dime list yet because, well, I know and trust the people on this
list so thought I'd start with my extended 'family'.

Comments, suggestions, advice and car sightings off-list, please. Here
in CA pre-74 is smog exempt, so can someone briefly summarize the major
differences between the 68-73 models and the later 78-81 versions?

-- John