new radiator

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: new radiator
From: "Greg Glass" <gglass@e-bci.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:48:19 -0700
Saturday I had my radiator redone to a 3-row core at Burbank Radiator in
Socal.  $145 for the recore.  In at 8 a.m., out at 2 p.m., very nice people.
I recommend them for all Southern California folk if you're in the market
for this. Installation is of course extra if one requires it.

Measured the water temp with one of those Stanley laser gizmos at the
radiator shop that reads water temp right through the metal.  After idling
for 15 to 20 minutes in the 90 degree california sun, temp was between 210
and 220 coming right out of the engine, and about 180 to 185 inside the
radiator.

Now I've got to figure out where my electrical problem is...voltage meter is
all of a sudden reading some voltage after shut off, and the temp guage is
sending some bizarre readings...during the idle session, it got up to almost
pinned at 280...even though you know the temp is ok, it's kind of
unsettling...temp guage is a new mallory gauge.

Any advice appreciated...nice to have the new cool core.

Greg Glass
66 1600
Burbank CA
SocalROC