Will it work??

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Will it work??
From: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:43:26 -0600
Hello all..
     well, my troubles with the GM alternator conversion never seem to
cease... the latest is that the wiring got nice and warm, the battery
was bubbling and spitting acid, and the brand new alternator was hotter
than a firecracker (but working fine!) on a recent 2 mile drive.   It
also blows all the fuses whenever the alt kicks in...  needless to say,
I took that piece of crap out of my car already...   so it's back to the
drawing board...   One of the WyCROC'rs was kind enough to throw a spare
alternator to me, but it seems to be from a '65 1500?   Would this work
in some form or fashion??   I thought those were positive ground
cars??    If anyone has any information, I'd love to hear it!  Thanks!

Eric
WyCROC