Re: Will it work??

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Will it work??
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:59:33 -0500
Eric Frisbee wrote

>Hello all..
>     well, my troubles with the GM alternator conversion never seem to
>cease... the latest is that the wiring got nice and warm, the battery
>was bubbling and spitting acid, and the brand new alternator was hotter
>than a firecracker (but working fine!) on a recent 2 mile drive.   It
>also blows all the fuses whenever the alt kicks in...  needless to say,
>I took that piece of crap out of my car already...   so it's back to the
>drawing board...   One of the WyCROC'rs was kind enough to throw a spare
>alternator to me, but it seems to be from a '65 1500?   Would this work
>in some form or fashion??   I thought those were positive ground
>cars??    If anyone has any information, I'd love to hear it!  Thanks!
>
>Eric
>WyCROC
If it's a generator from a 65, yes it's pos. ground. Won't work in a
later roadster, but would work fine in my 65 320 ;-)  Sorry you're having
these troubles. I had a sizzling swollen battery in a 1977 Toyota Corolla
1200, and the problem was a bad ground  (so said the electrical shop,
anyway)

-Marc T.