Upper A-arm

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Upper A-arm
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:15:17 EDT
List Gurus;
    I spent a couple of hours last night trying to install my new KYB front
shocks in place of what I suspect are the factory originals.  Had a dickens
of a time getting the round plate out of the lower A-Arm and once I did,
found the hole much too small for the new shock bodies.  Took off the lower
spring perch (another adventure) and while I was moving the suspension
noticed a LOT of play in the upper A-arm bushings.  I had heard of an upper
A-Arm bolt- is that for the later models?  Mine has a two-ended shaft with a
bushing on each end.  As far as I can tell, the bushing moves on the threaded
shaft.  Is this right?  It threads in to the A-arm and I can't see where else
it would rotate.  So it looks like I need to replace the shaft, both bushings
and dust covers.
    Any advise, tricks or reccomendations?  Who might be best to get the
parts from?  Are these still stocked by Nissan and if so does anyone have the
numbers?

Thanks in advance!
Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO