Re: Performance puzzle

To: "Robert Porter" <drrebob@usnetway.com>,
Subject: Re: Performance puzzle
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 07:13:13 -0700
Bob,

This is just a guess, but something very similar happened to my boat. I
could warm it up at the house for an hour. It would rev up fine, idle fine,
all around run great. Then I put it in the water and put it under load it
would cut out and miss. The problem was the coil. It was shorting out
through the mount. The simple check is to cut a piece of an old bike
inner-tube and slip over the coil, between the coil and the mount thus
insulating it from ground. If this makes a difference, replace the coil. If
not, well I tried.

Good luck,

Dave
SRL311-10444