Re: Roadster Roadtrip

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Roadster Roadtrip
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:52:46 -0500 (CDT)
A loop of the perimeter of the USA?  In a roadster?  And I thought I was
ambitious!  Having just put around 6500 miles (exact number forthcoming)
on my 68-2000 over the past 4 weeks, my best advice is to pay close
attention to the weather!  I hit the heatwave starting about halfway into
Montana and didn't get a break until I was home in Kansas City (air
conditioned house).  The asphalt was melting, the car was melting, and I
was wilting!  I have a thermometer on my keychain and between the heat
coming from the engine, from the road, from other cars/trucks engines and
from solar power, it consistently showed between 100 and 110 degrees F!

The car didn't have any problems even in the extreme heat.  I must have
seen at least 9 or 10 less fortunate people having to get towed.  The only
problem I had was with that "nut behind the wheel".  I still haven't
gotten that fixed!

Cheers!

Ken Pearce, 68-2000