Re: Trashy Stuff (fuel filter)

To: Ben Zech <motormite@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trashy Stuff (fuel filter)
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
Ben, That can sure wreak havoc on your performance.

My 67.5 has some gas tank issues. It is holding onto a lot of crap. I
install  on my cars those clear glass tube type fuel filters. first in
line from the tank, along with another filter right before the pump.
might be overkill, but I can always see what is going on and have no
worries that my carbs aren't getting the gas they deserve,or worse,
getting clogged up with crap.

look in your floatbowl, most likley there is some sediment on the
bottom.To clean this, I've  put in some fresh gas, stirred it around a
bit to loosen up the sludge, then used a wet dry vac to suck it all
out.  Also, spay out your needle valves with carb cleaner (reverse of
the fuel flow) this will make sure they aren't clogged. Clean carbs are
happy carbs!

Roman Rist
SoCalROC

http://mail.yahoo.com/