Re: Thinking of buying a '64 1500

To: chris-datsun@tinker.ucr.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thinking of buying a '64 1500
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:29:23 EDT
chris-datsun@tinker.ucr.edu writes:

<<    I've always kind of wanted a datsun roadster.  Now, I've found one in
town
 that the owner might be persuaded to sell.
   It's a 64 1500.  What should I look for when considering this car? >>

Hello,

Lots of good questions.  But you didnt mention how much he was selling it for
r how much you wanted to pay.  But the car does sound to be decent and it is
nice to buy from the original owner.  Sounds like something I would buy if
the price was right.

Every year when I go to Shasta I fall for the 1500's.  I dont know what it is
but they just seem so special.  As for harnesses, I would not install those
because they just ruin the look.  I would go for a standard three point belt.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
SRL311-000248 Solex
(Home from Shasta and it was a blast!)