projects / cars galore!?

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: projects / cars galore!?
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:07:44 -0700
Saturday replaced my engine mounts. (a good bit of grumbling about needing
smaller set of hands, but a good chance to clean a lotta stuff) drained
radiator, removed alternator, loosened all bolts, started to jack up and see
engine move, 'cept it stopped at a certain point.... ????  DON'T FORGET TO
REMOVE FAN SHROUD BOLTS, OR FAN BLADE BEGINS TO LOOK LIKE SPOON, NOT BLADE.
Nothing broken, move around to passenger side and find passenger side mount
was completely sheared into two pieces (no wonder all the dancing at low
rpms).  Everything went back together great, and found why I'm only getting
20 mpg: There's a nice constant trickle coming from the bottom of the fuel
pump, not hitting anything, just weak enough to be misted by the fan breeze
so that I could never smell it. (note to self: re-read Victor's notes on
fuel pump seals, find a convenient place to hide a fire extinguisher)
Sunday, had a great "max sun exposure" drive along the beach/cliffs in the
South Bay (LA), enjoying the wind and wonderful views and the fact that I
can idle below 1200 without sounding like a Ringo Starr drum solo, the
double-takes by Miata owners thinking they have nearly a corner on the
market.  I have a feeling that (at least in this area) 80+% of all of those
BMW M3's never have the top taken down.  All I ever see is the top up, AC
on.
Last week I came out in the morning to be greeted by a cat head peering out
from the package deck behind my seats. (note to self: instantly re-evaluate
the need for a tonneau cover before territory marking season)
By the way, here's some local cars posted in the LA area.  These are just
cut & pasted, so I have no idea about any of them.  Just wanted to pass on
some info if anyone is in the hunt.
Fergus, 69 2000

1969 DATSUN ROADSTER 2000, original motor & trans, comp, nds some work, w
pts car, $1400,  909-674-4932
1967 datsun roadster convertable 1600 running, $1500 OBO, 562-244-7126,
pyungim@aol.com
1969 DATSUN FAIRLADY 2000, completly disasembled, 95% complete, new aluminum
heads, super condition, $1200 firm, 760-945-9396
1971 DATSUN 510, 1800 motor, 5spd, clean body, great deal, $1300,
909-949-2821