Re: SR311 1/24 Scale Model

To: "J. Spalding" <jspalding@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: SR311 1/24 Scale Model
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:04:21 -0500
J. Spalding wrote

>Hello All,
>I'm kinda new here so this may be old news, but there is a Japanese company
>that sells mail order model kits on the Internet. They list two Fujimi 1/24
>scale Datsun Roadster models. They are right hand drive/hi-windshield 2000
>Solex cars.
>
>Race type
>http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ12110
> or stock
>http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ12442
>
>I got the racer. The "race type" kit includes all the stock type parts plus
>a roll-bar, different mirrors, glue on flares, a set of stock looking wheels
>without hub-caps (chrome wheels/ hubcaps are standard), an oil cooler, some
>strange decals, and a factory looking hard top. The prices are about $12 for
>the stocker and about $15 for the racer plus about $10 ups shipping to the
>U.S. only took about a week to get it. This site has other cool old Japanese
>kits, maybe even another (1/32 scale?) Roadster kit and has a search feature
>to make finding stuff easy.
>
>Sorry if I sounded like an infomercial, but I was really excited about
>finding a Roadster model kit. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the
>kit too. The exhaust system and engine details are a bit disappointing but
>the rest of the model is good and the it looks nice when assembled.
>
>James Spalding
>Louisville, Ky
>'67.5 1600
>'71 PL510
>'87 Pulsar NX SE

There's a nice listing of model kits on the Datsun.org site.  Several
Japanese model companies have made offerings over the years.  I think for
engine detail, the Nichimo kits are nice (U-20 with satin finish plated
Solexes)

I converted one to LHD, but it was trashed in the 94 Northridge Quake.
Still have some in boxes, perhaps I should build another one (convert it
to LHD1600?).

marc t.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
Sisterdale TX