Vinyl top repair products???

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Vinyl top repair products???
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:05:23 -0500 (CDT)
Does anyone have any recommendations for techniques and/or products to
patch cuts in my convertible top?  A certain brand of patch kit or miracle
goo that works better than others?  I was lazy when I first got the car
and didn't know how to properly stow the top.  I would just undo the
latches and push it over my head and behind my seats while stopped at a
light.  The accordian frame eventually made cuts where it was pinching the
material.  At Shasta last year I was shown how nicely everything folds and
fits under the boot cover if you just unsnap the top from the frame and
from the rear deck before trying to stow it.  Takes longer, but it sure
takes up less space and saves the top!

Thanks,

Ken Pearce, 68-2000
Lawrence, KS