Re: Head and Brake questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head and Brake questions
From: Ken Smart <Ken.Smart@tip.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:34:20 +1000
Gordon,
You should have checked out your great remodeled web site!
On the Rising Sun Racing Archives - 1600 Head page it says...
"A new 1600 head is 3.248" (82.5mm) thick; use this dimension to determine
how much your head has been cut. When a 1600 head has been cut over .060"
it usually raises the compression ratio so high that it is difficult to
keep the engine from
pinging even with retarded timing and premium fuel."

Ken Smart
67.5 1600 (SR20 Blown Head again DOH!)
Sydney Australia home of the Olympics fiasco!