Re: dwell adjustment

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dwell adjustment
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:48:37 -0500
Jerry,

Correct.

I posted a follow up, as you should set the POINT GAP to the wide side,
as they do close when the rubbing block wears down. Always remember to
use
a little grease on the back side of the block, too.

On the spark plug gap, I will gap them on the tight side, as they do
open
up with age.

Yep, scrambled those around before replying. Opps.

Looks like my old email address has gone away, so I have resubscribed.
;-)

Been up to my elbows in rebuilding a Land Cruiser engine... ;-)
TECH TIP: Cascade & Dish Washers do a great job of cleaning the engine
parts prior to repainting them. Then again, this is only an option if
your
SO never looks into the dish washer!

Cheers,

Tom Walter