Solex carbs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solex carbs
From: "Damian Hall" <HALLJD@pictou.nscc.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:03:07 -0300
hello to all,

A question for the 'great white' northerly inclined list members.

I recently joined the list after acquiring a 69 2000. VIN tag says 135hp but it
has the alloy oil pan and it also came with two sets of 'old style' Solex carb/
manifold assemblies.

My parts car 68 2000 has 150hp tag, Also with 'old style' Solex carbs but a
steel oil pan (not sure of volume)

My question(s):
1. When did old/ new Solex thing happen?

2. Do all Canadian cars have old style Solex carbs? (all three of my cars also
have the factory roll bar and trunk rack)

3. Are there specific problem areas with these carbs? Should I be 'very afraid'
or just 'afraid'?

Any and all help will be gratefully received

Damian Hall
68 2000 and other gems
Nova Scotia,  Canada