engine noise

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine noise
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:58:28 -0700
Ok, my third question of the day.

My '67 1600 runs fine, no problems there. The problem lies when it is first
warming up. Every now and then, when it is warming up, if the idle gets too
low or if I rev the engine too quickly, the engine makes a small putting
noise. I'm not sure where it is coming from but certainly from under the
hood. When the car is warmed up, no noise, no problems. Is this something
that I should worry about, or is it normal. Does it have anything to do
with the octane level or how much the choke is in?

Also how long does it usually take for it to warm up on a normal temp day,
not too hot, not too cold.

Thanks again.
                              _     _
- Hoon Kim                   ( \---/ )