One wire alternator

To: "Steve Lung" <Stephen.Lung@trans.ge.com>,
Subject: One wire alternator
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:58:17 -0400
  Tom Phelan did a write up on his conversion of his 2000 to a 100 amp one
wire in the Summer 1999 issue of ZCCD.  He bought a racing alternator.
Summit Racing carries different colors, 100 amp alternators or just head to
a friendly auto store.  If money is an issue, hit the yard.
   It is really a very simple swap.  I installed a NAPA Rayloc #213-4011
alternator (45 amp, Camaro V6 I was told?) in my 1969 1600 and switched it
to the passenger side of the block.  It took me about 3 hours, but that was
me (Don't ask) and a lot of that time was spent lining up the pulleys and
getting my new bracket to work properly.
  Simplified: One fused lead directly to the positive post on the battery
and one lead to the power wire to the radio.  Remove the voltage regulator
and it's harness.  Tape off the old hot lead!  (An important step I learned
the hard way, but my hair isn't curly anymore!  Where was Clyde when I
needed him!).
  I have well over 2000 miles on the new set up and no problems.  And my amp
meter still functions.  Go for it!

Paul
OROC