Emission controls

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Emission controls
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:51:05 -0700
Hello All,

I just acquired a '69 1600 roadster that I am working on bringing back to
life. It has been sitting for about 10 years, but all in all it is in
pretty decent condition. One of my first tasks is going through the engine
compartment, and obviously the air pump was the first thing to go. I need
to know if the pipe fittings from the emission controls to the exhaust
manifold are standard pipe fittings that I can get caps for or if any one
has any clever ideas about sealing those holes off.

I also want to remove the hot water line from the intake manifold. Do these
fittings happen to be a standard pipe size? I am assuming that I should
simply bypass the intake manifold with the water line, but I am not sure if
there is any other re-routing that I should do.

Any advice I could get would be great.

Best regards,

Brian St.Jacques
Project Manager