"Pseudo-Scientific" Pertronics Test Update

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Pseudo-Scientific" Pertronics Test Update
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 10:02:44 -1000
To all those who've been following the Pertronics performance investigation:

Distributor "A" (points--all new components) now installed and running.  Problem
had been bad spade connector, at dist. for lead from coil (-).

Timing set to 16 btdc; dwell to 53 degrees.

Observations (subjective):  Seems to run great; performance seems
indistinguishable
from Pertronics, dist, "B".

Will perform timed "hill climb", at full throttle,  on somewhat remote,
little-traveled roadway near top of Hualalai.  Will repeat test immediately,
after
installing dist. "B" (correct timing orientation, already determined).

Should be fun and interesting--if not necessarily meaningful ;-).